- Visiting Walt Disney World in Florida when I was 6 years old. I remember seeing a 3D muppets show, watching the fireworks and eating so much candy floss that I felt sick. We also rented a house and there was a massive pool there.
- Spending the summers in a caravan, having all my friends around, being able to go swimming whenever we felt like it. As we got older it turned into getting drunk and going swimming instead. Still fun.
- Visiting my grandparents during the summer. Their garden was so big, and they always had Rhubarb ready to be picked and eaten with some sugar. They also had a small pond where the birds would come and bathe in and we loved watching that.
- The year when I was in the accident that injured my leg for life (1999), I got so many birthday presents.. I’ve never received so many before and I remember being so happy that so many people were thinking of me when I was in the hospital.
- Receiving my favorite cat back in 2005. I had found his mother famished the year before and gave her to some people who sheltered cats. They nursed her back to health, discovered she was with kittens and then during the summer of 2005 we got her back along with my favorite little guy. He’s not so small anymore but still my favorite out of the three I have.
- Going on Christmas holidays to Tenerife. We wen’t about every other year from 2000~ish to 2013. I miss going there, it was nice to gather the family and go somewhere together. Now my brother is married and has moved far away so we can’t do like a traditional family holiday anymore.
- Christmas Day lunches at my grandparents place. Every year the whole family would gather in their house for a Christmas Day lunch. It was always salmon, fully roasted and lovely. Sadly, both of my grandparents have passed away so we don’t really continue the tradition, it doesn’t feel right without them.
- Visiting the grocery store with my grandma. She would always buy us these small lollipops and they were so good. Mum wouldn’t let us have candy on the weekdays but grandma always kept it a secret.
What are your favorite childhood memories?
This post is a part of the October Blogging Challenge. Feel free to join in too! It is a great way of planning out posts for an entire month. You don’t have to post every day, you can group days together too if you don’t want to post as frequently.