Thank you so much to Michala for tagging me in this. You can read her post about this fun tag by clicking on this link here. It will take you directly to it! I would also recommend checking out her other posts, they’re definitely worth a read! Her blog is one of those I have followed the longest and I never get tired of anything she writes about.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think it was one of those cheap lip gloss palettes with frosty-ass shades. My favorite was a silver frosted lip gloss. That or lip smacker lip balms if they count.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Uh, preferably one that feels like nothing. Lush’s Eyes Right mascara was pretty good for me, I just think it’s very expensive. My eyes are super sensitive so pretty much any mascara makes them itchy, except for that one.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I don’t really care for foundations in general. I prefer like medium coverage BB creams. I don’t like cancelling out everything on my skin. My spots make me who I am. If I do use foundations, it’s a powder foundation with medium coverage.
4. Favourite high end brand?
I’ve never really used anything from a high end brand so I can’t say anything about that.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Hmm, probably Soap & Glory? It’s not easily available here in Norway. Hoping I’ll be able to order some from the UK one day. Alternatively try it if and when I move there because of school in a couple of years .
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I don’t know if I have an absolute favorite brand, I like to find bits and pieces here and there that are cruelty free. I used to think of Maybelline as my favorite brand, but not anymore. I’m sure I’ll find one particular brand to love some day.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
No! I have worn them before but my eyes are too sensitive. I’m also very sensitive to latex, and a lot of glues contains that. Overall a bad thing to put on my eyes.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I can go out completely bare faced without any issues, but I would prefer to at least put on my brows.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Hmm, probably my hair oil. I love having shiny, frizz free hair. Without it, it would basically be a crows nest.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I don’t shop for make up often. I pick up what I run out of, or if I see something new that I have to have, I buy it when I can afford it.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I don’t have a budget, I only buy when it’s absolutely necessary. If you asked me a couple of years ago, I would have said I spent my money freely.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
There’s not really a coupon culture here in Norway, but I do use online codes whenever I can find them.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Eyebrow pencils. I think.. That or toners. Or shampoo and conditioners? I’m not really sure. I also buy a lot of lip balms because I tend to misplace them pretty fast.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Any brand that uses super perfume-y scents in their products. Yuck.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
I try to avoid aluminium, some octane thing that Lisa discovered, and other things that are generally harmful for you.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
I use two Norwegian websites called Vita.no and Blivakker.no, and also the UK site Tambeauty.com (they’re behind Makeup Revolution and similar brands). I don’t buy a lot in person because it’s so expensive here.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I usually try one new thing at a time so that I will know for sure what it is if it messes up my skin. So I keep a certain routine but I also replace things now and then.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
The “I love…” branding? Don’t know if they’re cruelty free or not. Used to be OGX but they’re not cruelty free anymore.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Maybe Makeup Revolution?? They’re super cheap so that would be the wisest choice for my wallet.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I think Kat Von D’s products have great packaging, I’ve never tried any of her products though!
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
Most of them? I mean, most, if not all have make up artists so they always look good.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus:
Does Safiya Nygaard count? She’s not technically a beauty guru but she makes a lot of videos about mixing her make up and whatnot. I also watch RachhLoves. I love her energy and how excited she is about everything.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
They can be handy, but I never use them. If something is for the lips it usually feels really sticky and weird on the cheeks, I don’t like that!
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes. I fuck up the thickness of my liners a lot. Then I usually end up with panda eyes, wipe it off and start over.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I used to, then I ran out and realized I couldn’t be bothered to buy a new one.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
When I shower, I use shampoo, conditioner, then a hair oil while it’s still damp. So three. And when I don’t have time to shower I use dry shampoo.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I don’t use concealer, so just foundation. Powder foundation.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Maybe! I mean, I know enough to get me through the day now, but if there was like a costume make up or special fx make up class, I would take it! I don’t really need to know how to do make up professionally, with as little as I usually wear it’s not necessary.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that it’s versatile and can be used by anyone who wishes to do so. And that it gives you the chance to “be someone else” for a day, or just a “better” version of yourself. I don’t really believe it makes you better because you’re fine the way you are, but it’s fun to wear.
Anyone who wishes to do this one.