I did one of these kind of posts for my birthday, 26 things I learned in 26 years, but I thought I could add a few new, and pick out some that I did learn this year. Have you learned any lessons this year or has it gone by pretty smoothly?
- Phones are rarely ever water proof, no matter how much the company or salesman claims for it to be. They could be water resistant, sure, but not water proof.
- If you stop thinking of blogging as a hobby, it will quickly become a chore. You will get tired of it and you will lose motivation. Try to keep it fun.
- Always keep a copy of a document you have signed. You never know what they will do with it and if anything is altered without your permission, you still have the original document.
- It’ okay to not know what you want to do with your life, it’s okay to try new things and it’s okay to go back to school if you want. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s your life and you decide what you want to do with it, if you ever figure it out, of course.
- If you have the money and time for travel, do it! You would probably regret not going more than you would regret going. Just get yourself out there, it’s a big world that we have to explore.
- Nothing lasts forever and it is definitely best to try to enjoy what you have while you can, whether its physical possessions or people in your life. You never know when you would lose anything.
- It is possible to overcome anxiety. I have felt lately that my anxiety has gotten less severe. I’m able to be in social situations without feeling sick to my stomach and I don’t get panic attacks too often. It feels really relieving and I’m so happy that my life is slowly becoming more “normal”.