This post is mostly meant to be humorous, especially the cons, so just take it with a grain of salt. This is not set in stone, not everyone have the same experiences, and if you have something that you feel would fit in with this, feel free to let me know in the comments.
- The first point should be that blogging is really easy! All you have to do is register on a blogging platform, write down a post, publish it and voila! You’re a blogger now, welcome to our little world. Blogging can be done by pretty much anyone, you just have to at least somewhat enjoy writing content.
- You get to meet some really lovely people in the blog community! I feel like some of the people I have met on here are more reliable that people I know outside of the internet. This was truly shown when I returned from my blogging break and everything was still the same way as before I left.
- You always feel inspired from reading other bloggers amazing posts! There is an abundance of great posts from other people out there just waiting to be discovered by you.
- You have a medium where you know you will be heard. There will always be someone reading your post, sometimes you get comments in return and it really helps knowing that you have someone to vent to whenever you need it.
- You can write about pretty much everything. There is a niche for just about anything in the world, so restricting yourself to something you think will be popular shouldn’t be the way to go about it. Write about what you love and you will find an audience regardless.
- You get to improve your writing and your photography skills. With every word you write and every picture you take you will constantly improve! Unless you are one of those rare cases, one that is haunted by failure.
- You can find reviews and recommendations all on one website! Instead of having to go on multiple websites to find what you want to see reviews for, you can just search for reviews that has been posted by the community.
- You can design your blog almost exactly how you want it to be! This isn’t necessarily a free option, but the paid services aren’t that expensive if you break it down to see how much it would be in monthly payments.
- Blogging can be a good source of extra income. If your blog does well, or if you purchase a premium plan, you get access to WordAds which can garner revenue.
- You always see new and cool products that you just have to purchase. This is quite an expensive habit and I really wish I wasn’t so easily affected.
- You sometimes feel envious of how well others write, or how beautiful their pictures are while you struggle to reach the same kind of quality yourself. It is always possible to improve though.
- You might spend a bit too much time online compared to what you expected since there’s so many great blogs to read.
- Sometimes it can be hard to get visits too your blog, a lot of people advice to post every day, something that can be difficult for a lot of people, especially those who prefer quality over quantity. But if you can combine both then you should be good.
- It can be a bit disheartening to see a newer blog gain followers faster than you do. I know a few people who has stopped blogging because of this and it’s quite saddening.