- Chris Rea’s “Driving home for Christmas“. Christmas doesn’t officially begin for me until they play it on the radio here. It’s also the only Christmas song i don’t get tired of no matter how many times i listen to it.
- Outdoor lights! It always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when i see that people have actually put an effort into outdoor lighting during the dark winter months. I don’t live in an actual city so i don’t get to see those super decorated shopping streets that most people get to see.
- Hot chocolate. I only drink this during the winter months, and i make my own with rice milk, cocoa powder and a tiny bit of sugar. The rice milk is sweet enough on its own so the sugar isn’t really necessary. Its even better with a marshmallow or two in it too.
- Driving during the morning, just as the sun rises. The snow always sparkles and starts to drip a bit as it melts and i just love that kind of scenery. It really makes the morning commute to work a lot better.
- Web pages that changes their design to embrace the holiday spirit. I love it when blogs and online sites customize everything to fit the holidays. It’s a weird thing to like but that’s just how it is.
What makes you excited for Christmas?